Sunday, October 14, 2007

Welcome cookies

Welcome to my blog! It's been so helpful reading everybody else's blogs on the What's Cooking board that I thought I'd better start my own so I can contribute too! As a thank you for coming to visit, I baked you some cookies :)


I got this recipe off the back of th
e almond extract box and thought it looked like a good one to try. They're definitely tasty, though very similar to my regular sugar cookie recipe. I wanted to try it exactly as written (minus the slivered almonds - I don't like nuts in my baked goods), but next time I'll go back to half butter, half shortening so they're not so thin and crispy. And look at my pretty blue mixer!




Almond White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs

1 1/2 tsp. pure almond extract

2 1/4 cups flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

8 oz. white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped

1 1/3 cups (6oz.) slivered almonds

Beat butt
er and sugar in large bowl with mixer on medium until light and fluffy. Add eggs and extract; beat until well blended. Mix flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into butter mixture until well mixed. Stir in chocolate and almonds. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 1 inch apart unto ungreased baking sheets. Bake in 375° oven 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from baking sheets. Cool on wire racks.

The recipe claims it makes 72 cookies. I got about 33. I guess my idea and McCormick's idea of a "heaping tablespoonful" differ slightly. I tried to take one off the sheet right away and it got mutilated - so I had to eat it. The others I left on the sheet for a few minutes and they all made it in one piece. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment